Monday, February 1, 2016

AU NATURAL Skincare Review

I had the pleasure of reviewing several products from this natural skincare line sent to me by the owner at www.aunaturalorganics.com, she gave me the opportunity to pick what I wanted to review.
I was put in contact with AU NATURAL Organics by my friend Lauren in the UK who is an editorial whiz! So shout outs to her! www.instagram.com/alaurentoherself


Upon receiving this package, I was pleased to see the care that went into packaging the items for shipment. The containers are made of glass (as not to interfere with the organic chemistry of the products inside them) so a great deal of care must be forth when sending glass for shipment. Everything came intact!


I have had more than a fair amount of time (several months) to test all these products and here are my summations...

Green Coffee Oil* $48

Packaging Format: Glass bottle with dropper
Product Consistency: Liquid, Oil
Scent: Faint coffee scent

Properties: Anti-oxidant, moisturizing

What drew me to this product was it's anti-aging and anti-oxidating effects. I used this around the eye area before bed (not directly in the eye) but don't recommend doing so as it emulsifies with the warmth of the skin and ends up in your eye. I recommend this for other parts of the body instead!

Score: 5/5 For the benefit of the doubt, I will say this product works well just not in the way I used it.

Pure Bergamot Essential Oil 1oz (30 ml) $16

Packaging Format: Glass bottle with dropper
Product Consistency: Liquid, Oil
Scent: Unidentifiable scent, hint of lime

Properties: Anti-depression, anti-septic

Lately, I have been very interested in essential oils and their use in aromatherapy. I grew up drinking tea and always loved Earl Grey. So since Bergamot (a citrus) is found in said tea, I thought I would give it a go.
I used this product for aromatherapy purposes but can also be used as an anti-septic. I diluted the oil in an aromatherapy diffuser. Bergamot oil in aromatherapy can be used as an anti-depressant for seasonal acquisition disorder (SAD). Clinical depression is an expansive topic, so it would be very difficult to say that use of this product helps with that but I can claim it's scent has a calming-effect. According to the packaging, it can also be used as a means of restoring to a more balanced state of feeling.

Score: 5/5

Avocado Wax 9 oz (266 ml) $21

Packaging Format: Glass jar
Product Consistency: butter
Scent: olivey, unlike avocado

Properties: Moisturizing, Vitamin-rich

I gave this product a brief trial. I was not keen on it's greasy feel however if you are need of something to aid very dry skin, I could see how this product would be great for that. Aside from it's greasy feel, you do get the added benefits of vitamins A, B1, B2, D, E and Beta Carotene. The packaging describes the texture of this product as a wax, and when I first received it it was indeed however, sitting at room temperature it has more the consistency of coconut oil.

Score: 3/5... too greasy

Tamanu Butter 9 oz (266 ml) $21

Packaging Format: Glass jar
Product Consistency: butter
Scent: nutty

Properties: Skin rejuvenating

I had never heard of Tamanu until being introduced to this brand so I was excited to try something new. This has become a new favourite of mine due to it's consistency and how it absorbs into the skin. This has quickly replaced coconut oil as a moisturizer for me because it is 'non-greasy'. It also works great as a massage oil.

Score: 4.5/5... only because I am not crazy about it's savoury-nutty scent.

PALO SANTO HYDROSOL 3.4 oz (100 ml) $19

Packaging Format: Glass bottle with spray nozzle
Product Consistency: liquid
Scent: earthy, spicy

Properties: Spiritual Cleansing, Meditation

This is an interesting product, I want to use the word innovative but perhaps progressive is more appropriate. Either way, I gave my room a quick spray while typing this post, in an effort to remind myself of what it is that I am reviewing and I kid you not, my mild headache is quickly subsided into a non-existent one... WOW! Perhaps the owners at AU NATURAL should add, 'curative' as one of the properties of this product.

Score: 5/5

Patchouli Oil, Sri Lanka, Organic 1.7 oz (50 ml ) $24

Packaging Format: Glass bottle with dropper
Product Consistency: liquid
Scent: earthy, spicy, citrus

Properties: Euphoric, soothing

When discussing the topic of essential oils and aromatherapy, I always gravitate towards scents that have a calming effect on my senses. Patchouli, specifically, sweet Patchouli is one that I have always had a love for but it isn't for everyone. I know there are some stigmas associated with the scent of patchouli but perhaps I'll leave that discussion for another blog post. Regardless, the scent of this patchouli is more subdued than other ones I have had the pleasure in smelling so if you are not keen on Patchouli oil, I would say this would be a good one to start with. Also, it can be used topically as a means of restoring balance to the secretion of sebum in the skin. It also has a stimulating effect on the scalp and promotes hair growth.

Score: 5/5

Hope you enjoyed this review, let me know of any questions you may have and be sure to check out AU Natural Organics on the web and give their facebook page here a give them a 'like' for me!

*sample recieved, different from retail product on website

No comments:

Post a Comment