Thursday, January 15, 2015

CBB Guest Post Rotation for January - Beauty Resolutions for 2015

As part of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers guest rotation for the month of January, we volunteered ourselves to write about our beauty New Years resolutions for the upcoming year. Our guest post blog goes something like this...

Hey there! It's Miranda from Miranda Loves - this month's guest post topic is Beauty Resolutions, and to be honest I have given this topic quite a lot of thought and have narrowed it down to the following:

1.  Taking care of my body - not just from a diet perspective, but for the purpose of boosting my immune system, I have made the decision to hit the gym at least 2-3 times a week and drinking the 8 glasses of water a day that you hear about. I want to focus on bettering my body and to not get sick so often, so fingers crossed that works! Take some time at the end of each night to unwind, to unplug from social media, youtube, internet - maybe take a book and read it or write in a journal - just trying to clear my mind and be ready for bedtime. This could possibly rid me of the insomnia I sometimes get.

2. Cleaning out my make-up collection - learn when to throw something away, or pass it on to someone who can make use of it more than myself. If it's been sitting in my drawer for weeks or a month, untouched or unopened, it's time to dispose of it to allow room for new stuff!

3. Limit the products I purchase - while being a beauty blogger, it would be nice to always stay on top of everything, however, my wallet isn't that generous. Therefore, think about what I need before buying - do I really need that extra face cream if I have another one at home? If it's a steal or if there's a while until it expires, then yes buy it - but if its for the sake of purchasing something then no. Also, limit myself to buying 1-2 splurge beauty items a month.

4. SPF - yes, I need to use it more. The only form of SPF I use right now is in my foundation. I should have a daycream that has SPF in it.

5. Be adventurous and experiment with color - I admit, I am a lover of all things neutral when it comes to beauty looks, but I think it's time to step out of my comfort zone and experiment with some color! I have been getting some good feedback with some of my looks using colors lately, and it is really encouraging to continue on this path.

What are some of your beauty resolutions? Thanks to Niki for featuring me here! :)

Until next time! XO, Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment