Sunday, June 26, 2011

Formal Review: Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Colour Case

This was a big ticket item I had been putting off purchasing for well over a year but I had to bite the bullet and get one for my freelance kit. I am going to include my 'formal review' for the product and everytime I use the palette for a look I will be sure to include a photo. I hope you enjoy reading.

What is the product and where can I find it?
Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Colour Case can be found at http://www.sephora.com/Sephora is the exclusive retailer for the product.



What does it come with?
12 very pigmented cream colours.

Is it user friendly?
The creamy consistency makes it a dream to work with. It can be sheered out to add just a hint of colour or layered for bold opaque look. You can apply this product with ease using any tool you should desire.

One huge downfall of the product is it does not translate well on eyes. It needs dry surfaces like the cheeks and lips to adhere to to stay in place. On the eyes, it creases and slips. I have tried setting it with powder, it just becomes cakey. I have tried priming the skin before application, it makes no difference and I have also tried mixing a gel mattifyer to the product in the hopes that it would soak up a bit of the moisture, it did not. The only thing I have not utilixed to rememdy the issue, is a sealant. If anyone has done so, please share your experiences below.

What makes this product stand out above the rest?
This product is versatile; it can be used anywhere on the face and body and acts as a great base for making dull eyeshadows seem lively! The wide array of colours are perfect to add to a kit for professional use and work well in beauty, creative, fantasy and special FX looks.

The Nitty Gritty?
As mentioned above, this product is not ideal for use on the eyelids. This item aslo has a hefty tag price retailing for $99. It was retailing at sephora.com for $110 CDN and since has been reduced to $99. However, it is still very expensive.

Final Summation:A must have for anyone who is serious about makeup. You will be pleased at the colour options and how vivid they turns up on film/digital format. With that said, don't however expect much in terms of wear on the lids.

Some Looks

Turqoise from the Make Up For Ever 12 Flash Colour Case 
...more to come

*update*

Another look created with this palette

No comments:

Post a Comment